Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Updates

I have to write briefly, as we're really down to the wire at school:

  • Passport: Not valid, after all. Must reapply. BLARGH!

  • Visa: Can't apply until passport situation is fixed.

  • Housing: Still trying to find. Probably won't get that cute little house in Kisaasi. Owner wants 6 months' rent. Boo! Hotels are much more expensive, but at least they come with utilities and furnishings.

  • Money: Running out. When do the scholarship funds come in?

  • Projects: Still working on them!

    • Uganda project turned in. I was late, but at least it's done. Lots of revisions in mind for the class syllabi I plotted out, but I'll make fixes when my own classes are over.

    • Sudan project in the works. Will have to write it up DURING the writing competition. Good thing I'm only giving a preliminary report. Am considering applying for a Fulbright on this subject, and will definitely write a journal comment on the land use issue, whether for Penn or someone else.

  • Home Life: Tenant moving out. Must find new roommate. During finals.

  • Finals: At least I started studying earlier, this semester.

  • Dog: Peeing on floor, mysteriously. Vet says he's depressed. Took him to parents in California, where he would have had to stay for the summer anyway, so he can get some time exercise in the back yard. I could use extra exercise, myself.

  • Sanity: Good thing I never had it to begin with ...

No comments: