Sunday, June 8, 2008

Quick aside

We have begun to receive our grades from last semester at school. Once again, the grade I am most proud of was for a class I barely understood. The course I excelled in throughout the semester, I got a horrible grade. So I'm taking a moment to vent. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, but clearly, either the system does not reflect our skill, or everything I know about essay writing is wrong.

Either way, I hope employers are able to see through the lie that is my transcript. This summer and my seven years as a journalist have proved that I am not only professionally competent, but a quick learner and a strong asset to any team that I work with. So I've decided not to let grades bother me any more. I hereby vow to:

1. Continue working myself to exhaustion
2. Ignore my grades
3. Pursue my desires regardless of whether my transcript reflects my interests

I have a very clear purpose for entering the legal profession. I intend to follow it. Somehow, there will be a way.

No comments: