Sunday, May 11, 2008

No more shopping, please!

Thanks to C for the note that my e-mail address was broken. I fixed it below, but just to reiterate, that's melonai at law dot upenn dot edu.

In other ramblings, I just got back from a 12-hour shopping trip with Emily, who is a super-fantastic shopping buddy. During the past 48 hours, I have spent $500 on my plane flight and hotel room for the conference in Florida, $250 on medical supplies (and I haven't even purchased the mosquito repellent or water filtration system yet!), $400 on suits so I will look official on the job, and $100 on books for research on Sudan. And I encouraged Em to do some pretty naughty things, herself.

I am ready to stop spending now please thank you. Sigh. I love Penn for giving me a grant, but it is NOT sufficient to make a solo 10-week trip, even to Uganda. Oh well. I'll just repeat what I wrote earlier about not needing money, until I finally believe myself. (Actually, I got a note from the financial aid office that I will be receiving more money than I thought, but that said funds would be taxed, which I was not expecting. Easy come, easy go. I wonder if Professor Burke-White is working his magic behind the scenes.)

No comments: